Friday, June 17, 2016

Lupus and Hair Loss



Beyond dealing with the physical pain from the symptoms of Lupus, many people have to deal with the emotional struggle of hair loss. Hair loss is a common symptom that people with Lupus suffer with; losing more than the 50-100 hairs a day that most people lose. Typically Lupus is classified as an autoimmune disease, which means that the immune system mistakes the body’s own tissues as foreign invaders and attacks them. Hair loss associated with Lupus can come from the disease itself or the medication that is prescribed to treat it.

Hair Loss from the Disease
When hair loss is caused by Lupus itself, it is because your immune system is attacking the hair follicles. This can cause the hair to thin or fall out in clumps. Some people can experience hair loss in other places than just their scalp, including hair from their eyelashes, eyebrows and other places on their body can fall out as well. Hair loss can also occur due to skin rashes that are caused by a type of Lupus that affects the skin called Discoid Lupus. Discoid Lupus can cause a thick, scaly, red rash, to appear typically on the scalp, face and ears. This rash is severe because it can scar the hair follicles to the point where they may no longer be able to produce hair anymore.

Hair Loss from Lupus Medications
Many medications used to treat Lupus have been known to cause people to lose their hair. Anti-inflammatory medications like Prednisone and immune system suppressants have been shown to trigger hair loss in some people. Certain medications can cause a certain type of hair loss called “Lupus hair”. This condition causes hair to become very dry and brittle along the edges of the scalp. This type of hair loss is easily treatable. The hair loss will eventually stop when you no longer take the medication.

Losing hair can be a very emotionally taxing experience, but hair loss related to lupus may be treatable especially if it’s caught in the early stages and depending on medications. Hair loss may have you looking for quick solutions, but it’s important to not experiment with over-the-counter hair loss treatments. It could end up making things worse. The non-surgical hair solutions at IHRS may be the answer for you. If you are experiencing any concerning hair loss remember to seek help from a professional who can talk with you about the best treatment options.

If you are considering getting hair restoration, there are many options at IHRS. Some of them include Reallusions hair replacement which is a nonsurgical, noninvasive skin-like membrane that is grafted to your scalp to create a natural hairline with natural hair density. Another option is laser hair therapy that uses low level lasers to deliver light energy directly to the scalp which stimulates the hair follicles to grow. You could even consider our new PRP treatment, which you can learn all about in a previous blog here.

At International Hair Restoration Systems we know how important it is to find the right solution. We take pride in providing our clients with straight answers about all of our latest treatment options and which hair loss solution is right for them. Don’t wait a moment longer, restore your hair, restore your life. Call (904) 425-5907 to schedule your free consultation today.

IHRS is social! LIKE us on Facebook


International Hair Restoration Systems is Jacksonville’s premiere hair restoration clinic. We offer the latest technology in hair restoration solutions for both men and women.  These include hair and scalp treatments, non medical hair replacement, laser hair therapy treatments and hair transplants. We extend every courtesy and accommodation to our clients to ensure a pleasant experience. With convenient, discreet off-street parking, our hair restoration center is specifically designed for your comfort and privacy. We believe you’ll find our service exceptional.

IT'S EASY TO GET EXPERT ADVICE AND ANSWERS to your particular questions and concerns. It's completely confidential. It's also completely free. So why not request your free, no-obligation hair loss evaluation and consultation today.


See Also:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lupus/expert-answers/lupus/faq-20058400

http://www.lupus.org/about/statistics-on-lupus

5 comments:

  1. Hello every one,I want to share tip with you all on how I get rid of lupus in just 8 day of taking the herbal medication doctor Oghede sent to me,I am Naomi Judd from United States I was infected with lupus in two year now I away use hospital medication since two year now with cure until I see a testimony who was cure from lupus by the help of Doctor Oghede ,on the testimony I see a email of doctor Oghede and I contact him for help also in just 1 hours time I receive a reply from doctor Oghede and I was very happy that him told me that is going to prepare herbal medicine for me and he send me a form to fill so that he can deliver the medication to me which I did,on Monday I receive a call from delivering service that I have a package send to me by doctor Oghede ,that is how I receive the medicine which cure my lupus,I am sharing this because I no that there are so many people at there looking for lupus cure you can via him at {droghedeherbalcentre@gmail.com} or call him +2348077544690 and message DR OGHEDE on whatsapp on +2348077544690

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Everyone, I had Lupus as well and I was at the point of getting confused in life because it was really making me feel unsettled. But I came across a testimony of a lady on how she was introduced to a herbal doctor called Dr Ighodalo by her cousin's friend when i was on a research but i never thought this could cure my Lupus. I decided to give it a try and i contacted the mail of the doctor she placed on her testimony via dr.ighodalocuringhome@gmail.com and i got a reply immediately i messaged him, I followed his instructions and did all he asked me to do and apply the remedy he sent for me as he instructed and now am cured totally and really happy to be a free person again. So i decided to share my experience because i believe that there are still lives out there that really needs to get out of this Lupus diseases please you can get in touch with Dr IGHODALO immediately to help you get cured totally via dr.ighodalocuringhome@gmail.com thank you

      Delete
  2. Thank you for bringing more information to this topic for me. I’m truly grateful and really impressed. Please visit https://goo.gl/dFJ5oG

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing testimony on on how i conceive, also cure from fibroid, i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Ahiga has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Ahiga, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Ahiga for your own testimony on: (ahigahealing@yahoo.com).

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing testimony on on how i conceive, also cure from fibroid, i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Ahiga has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Ahiga, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Ahiga for your own testimony on: (ahigahealing@yahoo.com).

    ReplyDelete